“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Thursday, August 19, 2010

How Shall It Start?

I have put some serious thought into how to start this blog. I have thought "well I want it to be really meaningful and potent." but then again I have thought "...no one will probably read the early posts so maybe I should save my 'good stuff' for later". So in the end, I thought I would just start by putting my thoughts down as they came. If it was 'good stuff' hopefully someone will read it or maybe I'll get something out of putting my words down. If it's not so good stuff, well... it's the beginning and hopefully I'll get a break ;)

So here we go...

I have been reading Beth Moore's book "Believing God" and it has really moved me. I have actually read it once before in college, but so much has happened in my life since then I feel like I'm reading it for the first time.

The premise of the book is to actually believe God. Sounds simple... but really what we're thinking about is believing IN God. Actually believing Him is a different thought process all together. Do you believe you're beautiful? I mean, really beautiful, right now. Not what you looked like at 18 or not what you'd look like if you lost 20lbs, but really beautiful right now! God says you are... and THAT is believing Him. Think about how you would live differently if you believed you were beautiful. How would you act or react differently. Would you smile more? Would you be happier?

I have decided to believe God, which means to me today to act as though I'm beautiful. I'm going to stop putting myself down and making the comments like "if I was prettier" and hoping for someone to shoot me down and tell me that I am pretty. I am going to live it. It's hard to believe something that the media and world speak against, but at least today I can begin to LIVE it, and then I will begin to actually believe it!


Reflection Question: What will you do this week to help you believe God? How will you live as though you believe you are beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment