“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Will Today Be The Day?

I woke up to news about an earthquake in Japan and a Tsunami in the Pacific. This week, I was talking to some friends about the mysterious bird and fish deaths… and then, is there something about the Mayan Calendar and 2012? What is going on in the Middle East?

I admittedly do not know much about the “end of days”, but I do know that it took a significant event in my life to cause a significant change in my life. I do know that the days will end, at least my days will. I also know that it could be today or tomorrow.  I am so arrogant if I think that I will have a tomorrow.

“Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” (James 4:13-14)

“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.” (Pro 27:1)

If today were the day that the world ended, and you stood before your maker, what would you say? If he asks if you lived your life selfishly, or if you lived for Him, what would your answer be? Will Jesus step in, will Jesus proclaim to the Father that you are His, or will he say ‘I never knew you.’

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ (Matt 7:21-23)

Why do they call the Gospel “Good News”? …The Good News is you can make a decision TODAY, to be His, to live for Christ, to know your Salvation and to live a life filled abundantly with His unending Joy!  You can actually know the God who created the earth, the sun, the stars, the beach, the mountains, and every tiny delicate flower.

If you make a decision to dedicate your life to Him, please don’t do it alone! Send me an email to let me know about your decision. That is So exciting and I would love to personally share with you, what that will mean in your precious life!

Reflection Question: Will Jesus be there to testify for you, or will he say “I never knew you”?

No comments:

Post a Comment