“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Girlfriends

One of the very first prayers I asked my pastor to pray for me when he started the Starbucks Bible Study was for girlfriends. It seemed kind of silly at the time to be praying for friends. Not to be pompous, but I've never really had a hard time making friends. This season of my life was very different for me. I didn't want just any friends; I needed friends who would "get me". We prayed for a long time, but slowly it started building. 

My sweet husband is by far my very best friend and my soulmate, but there is an internal need for female companionship. Someone who can understand how you feel when you have an uncontrollable desire to cry and no heavenly idea why. 

I am sad to say that I have loved and lost many a dear girlfriend due to neglect on my part. Thankfully, though, my God of grace continues to bless me with the opportunity to start fresh. 

Certainly I will fail these new deep friends of mine, and they will fail me too, but it's all worth it. 

 "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up.
" (Ecc 4:9-10)

Reflection Question: How are you working to build meaningful friendships?

No comments:

Post a Comment