“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Sunday, November 21, 2010

What is that Noise?

What do you do when you get in the car? When you get home? Even get to the office? If you're like me, you turn on the radio, the TV or call someone. Anything to fill up the silence! Why do we do that?

The very few times that I have heard the small sweet voice of God, in the back of my mind, it has always been when the world around me has been silent... and I have been listening. I must have my full concentration on Him. He demands my ALL if I want to hear from Him.

I'm not saying that the radio is bad. I'm not saying that the TV is bad in moderation. But if you ever want to hear from the Lord Almighty, the maker of heaven and earth, you need to turn off the noise and "be still and know that I am God." (Ps 46:10)


I like to meet Jesus with a cup of coffee, a Journal in hand ready to write down what I hear, and a Bible close at hand to bounce what I hear off of His word. He would Never contradict Himself, so if it doesn't match, it's not from Jesus. Sometimes when I meet Him, and ask to hear His voice, I do... and sometimes I don't... but every time I am obedient and take the time, He is glorified.

Jesus, Himself being in very nature God, took time to get to a quiet place to for time with God. “Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” (Mark 1:35)

Reflection Question: Will you take time this day, this week to be still and know God?

No comments:

Post a Comment