“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Monday, December 20, 2010

Limited Time Offer

(said in the best infomercial voice)

Are you tired of trying to be 2 people at once?
Is living a double life confusing and too much work? 
Well, I have THE solution for You! Live your life full out for Jesus.

But Wait!  Don't... Buy... Yet! 

With this purchase you will not only be free of your double life, but you'll also receive a great many blessings from Jesus including, but not limited to, your own real-estate in Heaven unexplainable joy and more from Him than you could ever ask or imagine!

We just couldn't put a price on such an amazing deal... so for a limited time only we aren't charging you one cent. You must only give your promise not to return to that double life and offer your life for transformation to Christ-- the giver of every good and perfect gift.

This is only a limited time offer; available only until Jesus returns to collect His payment. Jesus may return at any moment without notice. There is no limit to the number of people who can receive this offer, but there are no rain-checks available so make your decision before it is too late.

To redeem this offer simply turn your thoughts upon Jesus and offer Him your life. Thank Him for this once in a lifetime gift and spread the news to others!

"For, as I have often told you before and now tell you again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ." (Philippians 3:18-20)

---

For so many years I tried to live a double life. I tried to fit in with the church crowd and also with the not-so-churchy crowd. But it's exhausting to try to be two people.  I think it's pretty exhausting to be one person!

I started writing this blog because I really needed a creative outlet. I am a creative minded person and I wasn't getting to use it. This blog gave me a chance to release my creativity without tying me down to a time structure I couldn't really commit to with my current job. 

I didn't realize it at the time, but it also helped cure me of double life disease.  When I put myself out there as a full time Christian for all to see, and aired out my struggles and triumphs, I no longer had to worry about being "cool" to those non-Christians. I just had to love on them and be myself, my one and only true self, around them. No judgment, no condemnation, just real life love! People aren't stupid either, they can tell the difference between real love and acceptance and faking the funk. You must fully accept the offer from Heaven to become a Real Life Christian.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So because you are lukewarm-- neither hot nor cold-- I am about to spit you out of my mouth." (Rev 3:15-16)

Reflection Question: What is holding you back from letting go of your double life? Will you wait until it is too late to cash in on this once in a lifetime deal?

No comments:

Post a Comment