“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Sleep Like a Baby

I am grieving. No, no one has died, but I feel like crying. I have been yelling at my children and treating them harshly.  Surely they are not neglected. They are not abused. And they are Loved. But my heart cries out as I take Holy Communion this Sunday to ask for forgiveness for my behavior. 

 

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor 12:9-10) 

As I get ready to get in bed myself tonight, I make sure they are tucked in their blankets and I see their little angel halos in full glory. And at this sweet peaceful time as I kiss them each on the cheek softly, I thank God for the grace He grants me to take care of His babes even though I do not deserve it. 

And I know that the way I feel love for my little angels as I watch them sleep and the way they love me unconditionally as "the best mommy" even when I'm harsh, are only a fraction of the unending love we receive from our Father in Heaven.  

And with that.... I shall drift sweetly off to sleep myself. 


Reflection Question: How will you let God grant you Grace this week?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this one. All too often we forget to take the time to realize all that is effected by our actions. You are an amazing woman, and a strong, Christian woman! I am honered to call you "friend."

    Love you, lady :)

    ReplyDelete