“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Friday, February 18, 2011

Passion


We are each different. Just stop and look around. We are each so individual. Why is that? Wouldn’t it be easier for God to just cookie cutter a few different types and roll ‘em on down the assembly line? Didn’t God learn anything from Henry Ford? Okay, that went a bit far, but I’m going somewhere with this… God always has a plan and a reason, although certainly there are so many things that we are not meant to or not ready to understand. I think he purposefully does not want us to be the same.  As individuals we are meant to fill a specific roll in this world. No, I don’t believe that God has only one specific place where we are supposed to work, or maybe even one specific person who we are supposed to marry. I do, however, think that within his blueprint for each of us, there are certain passions we are meant to follow. I see so many miserable people; so many people who are just drudging through life. Each of these people probably has a passion in Something! So why aren’t they doing it? I think it is mostly a fear of failure.  We are so afraid of ourselves.

Oh trust me, I understand that we all have responsibilities and that you can’t just run off and join the circus if that’s your passion. But just because you can’t make your passion your life… YET… doesn’t mean you have to have a miserable life. Are you working toward making your dreams come true?

“Just as a body, though one, has many parts, but all its many parts form one body, so it is with Christ. For we were all baptized by one Spirit so as to form one body—whether Jews or Gentiles, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink. Even so the body is not made up of one part but of many. Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. If they were all one part, where would the body be? As it is, there are many parts, but one body. The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor.” 1 Cor 12:12-23

I’ve changed my settings so that everyone can post comments now, even if you don’t have a google account—though, I LOVE my google so I don’t know why you wouldn’t ;) I want you to post what your passion is in the comment section.

Reflection Question: What is your passion and what will you do today or this week to honor God by fulfilling your passion?

P.S. Just to be fair, my passion is to show the love of Christ to people who need it (which by the way, is everyone).

1 comment:

  1. I have two: teaching and photography. I'm also working on loving others through small acts of kindness and I have to say that the more I do it, the more I feel God creating another passion in me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete