“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

I Found HOPE Today!

I had some extra time for lunch and since I didn't get to do my devotional in the morning, work gets in the way sometimes, I set off for some time alone.  I decided I was feeling a little bloggy. I had no logical reason for bypassing my usual "God Spot" of Starbucks to tryout Greenbeans Coffee Shop for THIS "God Time". They had a Greenbeans at my base in Iraq, and that was a wonderful haven for escaping reality for me then, but I still prefer my Starbucks now that I'm stateside.


When I got to the register for my Chai I noticed the girl's name-tag said "Hope" which made me smile since I was there to spend time with the Lord of Hope, AND my Blog's name is Overflow with Hope. :)  I ended up writing and publishing my last blog post right from my iPhone. Hope was kind enough to let me take a picture of her name-tag to include with this post.

We can find Hope anywhere! But really, I think that God wanted to send ME some specific encouragement. He wanted to send me a present in the way only He can. God gives us these little gifts because, like us, he likes to be romantic. Most people just aren't observant enough to receive them and be thankful to the giver. I have been reading "Captivating" by John & Staci Eldridge and during one of the chapters John talks about him going to the beach and God giving him the gift of seeing a whale. John is wild and adventurous and a whale is exactly the gift John would have wanted. He told his wife Staci about it and she asked God for her own whale.  God, in his infinitely love, didn't give Staci a whale that day... He brought her to find bunches of Starfish! Much more Staci's style, gentle, peaceful and lovely. He is so good! He calls to our very own hearts. I literally asked God for MY whale and he gave me HOPE.

Reflection question: What romantic gifts have you received this week that you have yet to thank the lover of your soul for?

No comments:

Post a Comment