“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” (Romans 15:13)

Sunday, October 24, 2010

WORD!

In the movies you hear God with a great big resounding voice that echos. Have you ever wanted to just Hear God like that?  Ahem, God.... I’d like to hear from you today.  Should I quit my job? What book should I read? Why is life so crazy lately??  I don’t hear God like they do in the movies.  But I do know that God writes to me... love letters you know. He says:

“All beautiful you are, my darling; there is no flaw in you.”Song of Solomn 4:7

“For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”Ephesians 2:10

Who of you wouldn’t love to get a love letter saying that you are a masterpiece and that you are beautiful with no flaw in you.... everyday?? Yeah, me too!!  Plus, I just Know that my Bible has power and that by reading and memorizing the actual Word of God I will thus have that power... but why is it so darn hard for me to get into it everyday?  I have no problem doing my devotional by some great Christian people, named “not-God”, but to actually read The Bible itself... hmm, not so much.  Why is that?

I have truly tried lately to make it a point to read the Bible. To do it in an order, or even just read Something!  But yet somehow I always get in my own way. I make an excuse, I do something else, gosh sometimes I just don’t even think of it at all!

Hebrews 4:12 says “For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Sharp, Living and Active. Those are the way I want God's Word to be in my life. I want the Holy Spirit along side me every step of the way.

Reflection Question: Is the word of God alive and active in you? Will you ask Him to make it so?

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that it is so hard for me to sit and read my bible. Thank you for being so real with this blog. It really touched me!
    :D

    ReplyDelete